2015 was an interesting year full of revelations. I learned quite a bit about myself, my relationships and what I want to be doing with my time.
It didn’t take too much time to come up with some goals for 2016, and I figured I use the fairly common technique of putting them in writing, in public, to hold myself to them. Here’s what I hope to accomplish:
- Post to this site every day of the year. (Or perhaps it will just be 366 posts in the calendar year.)
- Build and ship a product.
- Spend at least 50 hours practicing piano. (I’m going to keep track.)
- Coordinate and run the second year of the Shoreline Sports Foundation Ultimate Frisbee program I started in 2015.
- Help double the number of Shoreline Sports Foundation participants and donations.
- Do some thoughtful and amazing marketing wherever I can.
- Build a digital presence for B.E.A.S.T. Basketball and develop a marketing plan that makes it the place for Shoreline-area kids to participate in amazing, high-level basketball training that is local and inexpensive.
- Help dismantle the youth sports industrial complex.
- Find a decent place to sled in the Pacific Northwest.
- Write at least one personal letter or email to everyone in my LinkedIn network (and continue to write unsolicited recommendations for them).
Based on what I learned about myself last year, if I can accomplish that list, I think 2016 will turn out to be a fantastic year.
I hope you all have a good feel for what you want and how to get it. And if there’s anything I can do to help, don’t hesitate to let me know.
Happy new year.